Tuesday 30 March 2010

In the beginning

My fiancée enjoys a good Blog so in the spirit of taking an interest in each others well, interests I thought I would give this a go. He writes about life as a nerd so I thought I'd write about life as a soon to be Nerf (Nerd Wife). I'm getting married in September and as my nerd keeps telling me I will soon be his forever ( he usually then does a Muwhahahaha and swishes his imaginary cloak)


So lets go back to the beginning.......

About four years ago I met my nerd and to be honest I didn't fully understand the extent of his geekyness. I think he kept it well hidden to ensure that I wasn't scared off and to be honest I would have run a mile...well maybe walked a mile or more than likely got in my car and drove the mile (or three back to my home).

In retrospect maybe it wasn't that he kept it well hidden more than I didn't want to see it. Its not much of a status symbol " hi girls I'v met a great guy" "Oh good is he great in bed??" "Who knows we've only got as far as star wars trivial pursuit"

Before I went out with him he text me to let me know he was going to be on TV as a "geek in the woods" Basically getting dressed up as star wars characters and fighting with sticks. And on one of the early dates he put on the dvd (apparently this is a well used pulling tactic hence why he hadn't had much girl action (he will probably shoot me with his pretend phaser for saying that)

I guess I fully understood the extent of his geekyness when we were tidying his spare room, with a heavy heart and puppy dog eyes he threw out a cardboard cut out of R2D2, hundreds of Star Trek Videos and T-Shirts and about five lightsabers This was his choice though looking back I guess he was just doing this to please and impress me. Four years later he's re buying all the star trek dvds, and takes great delight in the star trek socks he has. (I won't let him wear the red ones whilst doing anything remotely dangerous ((that was my one and only Star Trek joke I may need to reuse it in another blog))


So I guess these blogs are for my nerd indoors who "I have been and always shall be your friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment